Re: "Small" Bug - silly question again

I'm sure this discussion has been enlightening to all those involved, but I
think it has run its course and I'm tired of it filling up my mailbox now.
I have not really been paying attention, but from what I have noticed the
the discussion that has taken place is not about the Hurd, but about system
administration policies.

The intent of the Hurd is to provide flexible features that permit the
person configuring the system to choose from a wide range of policy options
and easily implement whatever they choose.  Those specific choices are not
issues of operating system design, but issues of local policy and personal
preference.  We Hurd developers are not interested in discussing these
policy questions, and if we were then this would not be the forum for it.
It is a design choice to aim for a wide range of configurations, but that
is a choice we have already firmly made.  If your position is that policy X
should be intrinsically enforced by the system or that it should not be
possible to configure for policy Y, then we will just have to agree to
disagree, and perhaps the Hurd is not the system for you.  Mentioning
specific policies and explaining their desireability to the extent of
proving them plausible is an appropriate part of design discussion,
exploring how wide that range might be and what constrains it; but actual
debate about policies is just not.