Re: Hurd and the Alpha

[Disclaimer: I can only *spell* Mach]

Once upon a time there was some discussion on the list concerning the
deficiencies of Mach, and the attractiveness of certain other microkernels.
The consensus was something like:
	"Let's not waste time putting up another microkernel just
	yet.  Let's get the Hurd running first."

I guess that's probably sound advice -- if we're only talking about a
single platform (x86).  But it seems to me that if Greg wants an Alpha
Hurd, and he has the wherewithal to undertake this, then it would be foolish
to port Mach in light of our nascent desire to replace it.

Comments?  Corrections?  Catcalls?  Brickbats?

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.