Re: Have I messed up my Hurd

On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 08:29:14AM +0000, Chris Lingard wrote:
> iHR dejagnu         1.3-19990614-4 framework for running test suites on
> softwar

Did you compile this for yourself? If it did not reqire any changes and does
work, I should upload a Debian package, so gcc can test its stuff.

> I cannot remove or re-install dejagnu.  I have also got several other
> packages in the same state.

This seems to point at a different problem, maybe some file corruption.

Reinstallation should actually fix that. If it doesn't, there are some
entirely different problems you need to fix first.

> hurd:/# dpkg -i /Debs/dejagnu_1.3-19990614-4.deb
> Selecting previously deselected package dejagnu.
> (Reading database ... 12869 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace dejagnu 1.3-19990614-4 (using
> .../dejagnu_1.3-19990614-4.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement dejagnu ...
> install-info: No dir file specified; try --help for more information.

OTOH, maybe it is a install-info compatibility problem. You can try the
latest install-info script from the linux dpkg package. (A dpkg update is on
the way).

> If this error recoverable or must I revert to the tar ball and set
> everything up again?

I think it is recoverable, last hack would be to edit /var/lib/dpkg/status
manually and remove the dejagnu files (/var/lib/dpkg/info/dejagnu.list shows
them all). However, look at the problems above.