Re: hurd process initialization

   Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:44:45 +0100 (EET)
   From: Mariusz Woloszyn <emsi@it.pl>

   I would like to ask about process initializing under hurd.

   I disassembled code and I found it calls few functions (_hurd_stack_setup,
   _start1 and so on). If I write my own program in assembler and i link it
   against libc (to use unix like "system calls": open, write, etc.) it needs
   to be initialized. What should I do and how for proper initialization?

Why are you disassembling if you can take a look at the source :-).
The relevant code is all part of glibc, and a shiny new version was
released just today, and should appear at your favourite ftp.gnu.org
mirror in the near future.

However, since most POSIX behaviour is implemented by libc, there is
quite a bit of initialization code, and I don't think it is easy to
make sure everything is called from your assembler code.  Why don't
you just call your assembler code from main(), or make main() the
entry point for your assembler code?

Mark