Re: someone could port libgc

I think that I have done all I can to libgc.  I cannot do the cthread stuff
within the library, but there is pthread stuff there, for when we get pthreads.
Sorry for the long delay,  if I am not too late, please let me know if you are
interested in this work.

Have built bigloo.  This has a built in libgc, so it helped with the testing.
The results are identical with the Hurd or Linux.

 http://kaolin.unice.fr/bigloo/bigloo.html

The disadvantage is that it does not install the libgc headers and that it not a
Debian package.  I must learn more about this package now that it runs on the
Hurd.  I can post a patch to bigloo for the Hurd if you want.

I am now going to transfer the libgc stuff into a new directory.  I can either
overwrite the source of the old Debian libgc package or I can copy the
debian/rules to the new.  I want to build a deb package that includes the libgc
archive and headers.

Chris