Re: ??? downloading from the right place?

One thing I noticed trying to install hurd is that the directory
debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/ which
http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install directs you to doesn't
contain the correct files.  noteably libgdbmg1 and ncurses-base are
missing.  im not really sure if these files are even meant to be used
with the current set of files for installing hurd.  at any rate the
directory debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386 do contain the right
files and you can get this link from Matthew Vernon's
http://www.pick.ucam.org/~mcv21/hurd.html page.  The problem, of course,
is that this is really confusing for someone who doesn't know to go to
the right place, as the debian hurd page tells you to go to another
page.  Anyways I would just suggest that the debian page is changed, or
that dists/sid and dists/unstable are synced with one another.

--
seriously,
skôt