Re: Java on HURD, success

X-post on debian-java and debian-hurd, sorry for that :(

Igor Khavkine wrote:

> I got the Kaffe-1.0.5 source from www.transvirtual.com, and of
> course it didn't compile right out of the box. First I had to get
> configure to recognise the i386-gnu system type. Then I tried to
> prallel the architecture dependent initalization code from linux.

Could checkout kaffe from cvs.kaffe.org ?  And send me a diff with
your changes ?

> BTW, how does one go about putting file descriptors in async mode?

In unix-jthread, all file descriptors are set in asynchronous mode to
block on thread, not on whole process.

> So, any suggestions as to the problems  stated above? especially
> about threads, how's that pthreads implementation coming?

Quoted from FAQ/FAQ.pthread:

Kaffe can now make use of native threads (currently only Linux pthreads).
To enable this add the following option to configure:

        --with-threads=unix-pthreads

Note that this will only work with GLIBC 2.1.2 or later.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr