has anyone packaged xserver + about reboot during native-install

Has anyone packaged vga16 or svga xserver? I could not find it
on alpha.gnu.org or debian sites.

It seems like the reboot I reported during native-install was caused by
me not reading the doco and doing

export TERM=mach

*before* native-install. Does this make sense? I installed again, first with
export TERM=mach to early, and a message about some unrecognised
vt-term flashed by before the screen went black. Next install when I did
stuff in the correct order things went better.

Tom Cato