Re: Timezone question

John Tobey writes:
 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > How  can  I  tell  Debian  Hurd that my computer clock is set to local
 > > time ?
 > >
 > > Best regards,
 > >  Roman                          mailto:roman@nstl.nnov.ru
 >
 > I don't know, but I suspect it is the same for Debian Linux, so I
 > would start by looking at Debian FAQs not specific to the Hurd.
 >
 > Hope this helps.
 > -John

In Debian 2.1 & 2.2 there is a file `/etc/default/rcS', where the
macro `GMT' is defined.  The file is commented well enough so that
the choices are obvious.  One also must run the `tzconfig' program
to inform the system of the current time zone in use.

However, the `/etc/default/rcS' file is a part of the `sysvinit'
package, and I don't exactly know what its status is under the
HURD.

HTH,
--
Jeff Sheinberg  <jeffsh@erols.com>