RE: Re[2]: ncurses headers and static libs

Roman,

> Thanks  for the answer, debian package is Ok. I tried to build ncurses
> from  source,  but  the binaries from Marcus's tarball segfaulted when
> used with my shared library, although newly created executables worked
> fine both with my and distributed shared libraries.

You have been bitten by a glibc bug.  The ncurses you built is most likely
fine.  Please note that the new ncurses libraries I uploaded have the same
problem.  Marcus and I have rebuilt most of the affected binaries, with GDB
being the most important outstanding package (I plan to finish this one
tonight).

The binaries that segfault were build in January, and were compiled against
LibC 2.1.0, while our new versions are built against 2.1.2.  We have new
versions of Bash, CVS, Less, and I think telnet already uploaded.  Those are
the only "bad" versions we are aware of, but if you have seen problems with
others please let me know.

Thanks,

-Brent