RE: ncurses headers and static libs

Roman,

Just about everything hurd-related is currently packaged in the Debian
*.deb format.  You can get ahold of everything you need at the
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386 tree.
The files in question are in the "devel/libncurses-dev***.deb" package.

To start, you should probably visit:
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus and get the most recent
tarball.  Once that is installed, you can get the libncurses-dev
package, which contains the static libraries and header files.

I'm sorry that we don't offer it as a binary tarball, but we have
limited resources for building/storing binaries.  You can always
get the source code (it almost builds cleanly) and build it yourself,
but I think if you give the Debian package management tools a
chance you will find them quite useful.

Thanks,

-Brent