layman explanation please

                                         Debian/gnu/hurd
                                          ------------------------
Hi,

1/.

a) Gnu/grub
    -------------
    I need to know if grub can/will boot Debian/gnu/hurd.
    Is there any sample code/how to specific to compiling grub for this.

   ie:-

    1 hard-drive only

    dos (fat16)/primary-partition 1
    windows (fat32)/primary-partition 2
    Debian/gnu/hurd (mach???)/primary-partition 3
    Swapfile(Swap???mach) /primary-partition 4

    Ps: what do i need to compile grub for the hurd and which host env to
use.

2/.

a) Debian/gnu/hurd partitioning appears obscure,therefore which/what is the
    host envirement used,mach i assume,but how do i fdisk,set up a mach
    partition,which is mach,or is mach really linux 83,please explain.

3/.I assume because the hurd uses a mach microkernel i could also switch
    micro-kernels in the root area/configure to boot another os on the same
    partition via loop process,like linux,or could you explain the
multiboot
    kernel/principle as this appears to be a way to use the oskit multiboot
    kernels / micro kernels to run more than one os in same partition,or am
    i wrong.I tried reading cs.utag.edu info and debian info and mach info
but
    as i'm new to all this i need a layman to generalize/explain/simplify
all???

4/.I know the mach micro-kernel used is a multi-server base as opposed to
    current linux kernel which appear single server,does this mean this
mach
    mico-kernel runs more than one server on one computer system per se.
    How does the oskit mach multiboot kernel differ and/or can this also be
   used,how and in what case situation for example.

5/Does debian/gnu/hurd run linux programs and how does it manage linux
   ext2 overall,and does anything linux need to be in a seperate partition
   or directory etc.

Thanks(in advance) / (excuse my ignorance/newbie/making the shift from
win95)

Lanz(nickname)
<lanzbase@xtra.co.nz>