Re: More agricultural brokerage

>   I've been picking a little more at the problem I noticed earlier today; I
> just installed a patched init and ran 'while true; do dpkg-buildpackage; done'
> to trigger the bug.  It actually took quite a while and (notably) didn't
> include any complaints about default-pager.  In fact, all that I got was
> several instances of the message "make: Computer bought the farm: Stop."
> followed by a complaint by Mach that the essential task proc had died and an
> attempt to reboot the computer (which of course didn't happen since I had
> applied the patch to spin forever)

Note that the "essential task died" message comes from init, not from the
kernel (that's why patching init to not reboot made a difference).  This
indeed sounds like a new problem, and looks like a proc bug.  If you can
find a simpler example that produces this result, please do.  Either way,
please send a report to the bug-tracking system about this, and include the
complete and exact details of how to reproduce what you see.

Thanks,
Roland