Re: Hurd usage questions.

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 01:00:38PM -0400, Michael Bacarella wrote:

> Since the Hurd crashes on me still, (or I crash it, whatever :) it tends
> to leave the filesystem dirty. How can I fsck it from the Hurd? I only
> have that one partition and fsck.ext2 warns me that running it on a
> mounted filesystem can cause severe damage. Eep.

The latest Debian GNU/Hurd system should come up nicely when booted in multi
user mode (don't specify "-s" in Grub). It will mount it read only first,
and then e2fsck it (as controlled in /libexec/rc). Make sure that
/var/run/mtab exists but is empty.

> Personally, I think it'd be a little more conveniant if you could instruct
> ext2fs.static to fsck the partition so it won't be so suprised. It'd make
> it easier to synchronize things, methinks.

As I said, your problem is a configuration problem only.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but theother problems are uncommon to me
(beside the memory leaks, and I can't help with those :)