Re: writing man pages or texinfo documentation

Adam Sampson <azz@josstix.demon.co.uk> writes:

> As everybody knows how to use "The Web", why not use SGML as
> the "standard" documentation format?

What DTD do you suggest?

I've been writing some documentation for DUMB in both Texinfo and
DocBook (using Emacs and PSGML), and I find myself updating the
Texinfo version first and merging the changes in the Docbook
version later.  Texinfo feels easier to use, and `makeinfo' is
definitely faster than Jade.

A good thing about DocBook is that it already has almost
everything I need so I don't have to abuse elements like in
Texinfo (where I also have some ugly macros ;).

I recall the FSF was looking for a program to convert DocBook to
Texinfo; has there been any progress?