Re: ITP: mig (hurd-i386)

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 02:14:34PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 1999, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > It will be hurd-i386 only. Not that it can't be compiled and used for other
> > arhces, too, but it will be completely useless to them. We don't want
> > unnecessary bloat, do we?
> >
> > There is a cross mig for i386 there, it is in a seperate package maintained
> > by Santiago. They can probably be merged.
>
> Go ahead :-)
>
> If you like, you may just take the existing cross mig, change a few bits
> of it and call it "native". I would maintain it myself but my building
> environment at the University is currently broken because of the Linux
> 2.0.36 drivers in gnumach.

Is there something I can do for you, for example compiling a leaner gnumach
with some downgraded driver? Let me know. It's easy for me to build a
customized gnumach for you and put it on alpha.

> Regarding merging of both MIGs, being the simple package it is, I don't
> think it would worth the effort.

It would probably be simpler than anything. Just a dpkg-architectured
debian/rules file and two entries in the control field, one with arch
hurd-i386 and one with arch i386. I will see.