Re: Ext2fs bug going updating debian package

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 08:13:14PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Well, I would like to figure out exactly what your problem really is.
> Earlier today I checked in a couple of changes to ext2fs and libdiskfs
> (appended below) that should give some more details in the error output.
> Please show us the exact error messages you see.

This is disturbing:

ext2fs: hd0s4: panic: main: device too small for superblock (0 bytes)

Is there a CVS tag around the April snapshot that I could pull out and do
the same thing to?

(Incidentally, I had to apply the patch manually - What's the propagation
delay to anoncvs?)

> In the current arrangement, grub just runs serverboot and it does the rest.
> Give the -a option on the kernel command line, and serverboot will prompt
> for the server binaries to use.  Or you can just edit servers.boot from
> linux to point it at a different ext2fs binary.

I've been editing it from Linux, and am just getting tired of the 3 to 4
minute reboots (RedHat has a convoluted set of startup and shutdown scripts)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey