Re: Hurd Installation

On Sat, May 15, 1999 at 11:16:15AM -0500, Ashutosh S. Rajekar wrote:
> 3. Will or does HURD support RPM's ?

I would guess that you'd be able to run rpm under Hurd's Linux emulation
once it exists, but the only reason you'd want to use RPM is to install
Linux binaries, so there's not much point at the moment. Hurd already has a
packaging format; HURD RPMs would be a little silly. (Until RedHat produce
RedHat Hurd...)

However, many programs now come with .spec files which say how to produce
RPMs. Perhaps a spec-to-deb converter would be an interesting project?

> Pune Institute of Computer Technology,

I always wondered where PICT format images came from. :)

--

Adam Sampson
azz@josstix.demon.co.uk