Re: Thanks. Semi-works. Now on to install disks?

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 02:14:22AM -0700, Kien Pham wrote:
> Anyone seriously creating Hurd installation disks? I was
> thinking of using Linux because the PPP install

Being able to install GNU via PPP from the install floppies would
be very nice (this is a very nice and unique feature of FreeBSD's
installation).

> would be quite handy. We could also use apt-get, MGUI, and
> svgalib to make a very nice GUIed installation. I could
> probably fit it on one or two disks. I was also thinking of
> different language disks for each language.

Before you invest a lot of time on this you should check out the
great work by Ben Pfaff on Debian graphical install disks, utilizing
his BOGL library.

You can find BOGL, and a graphical rescue disk demo at
ftp://pfaffben.user.msu.edu/misc/

-amcl