Re: Some more Hurd installation problems.

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 04:33:58AM -0700, Kien Pham wrote:

> cross-install:
> I could not for the life of me find uudecode. I had to
> manually decode the term info with uudeview. Besides that
> little thingy, it worked like a charm. :)

Sorry, but uudecode is paretr of sharutils. There is also an example perl
script for it in the perl package. BTW, how do you read MIM-encoded mail
attachments that are uuencoded?

> native-install:
> MAKEDEV had a parse error. "line 108: syntax error near
> unexpected token 'time)'" :(

You are using a new bash with a older hurd package. I can't blame you
because the latest Huurd package was only uploaded a few days ago. Put time
in quotes, and it works.

> Well, Hurd installation has been painful so far. I hope
> it's worth it. :)

You never tried before January 1999, right? :)

Have fun,