Re: New Packages Uploaded

----- Original Message -----
From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

> On Tue, May 04, 1999 at 04:25:59PM +0000, Ian Main wrote:
> > Once I get screen and ppp, I'll be able to spend real time in hurd, so
I'm
> > looking forward to that.
>
> Yeah, PPP would be nice. However, PPP will not come into the Hurd as a
> packaging effort. It needs to be implemented.

Yes I would like to help with this, but I'm currently stuck with alot more
projects than I really should be :) I'm currently distracted with Linux-USB.

> What is also important is to have character device support, so we can have
> mices(!), trackballs, modems (!), and multiple terminals (instead screen),
> also so we can try out X fully.

One thing that would be nice which many projects (GGI, Linux-USB, XFree)
seem to be trying for is a way to have all input handled so that multihead
is possible. Something to think about for the future (not associated with
porting the character drivers)

-David Waite