New Packages Uploaded

Hello,

I uploaded a bunch of packages to erlangen (soon in master).

* ae, cpio
 Those are native builds and fix all open issues wrt /usr symlink.
 We are /sur-link-problem-free now until we detect another glitch.

* binutils
 A rebuild, natively. Still some problems in the source (gprof) and rules
 file. Needs a bit work, esp. the HZ issue.

* diff, diffstat
 Native rebuilds. diffstat is needed for lintian.

* dpkg, dpkg-hurd-dev
 Those rock! All open problems fixed or worked around.
 Cross compiled. dpkg is currently stuck somewhere in Germany. I hope it
 will not be delayed too much.

* flex
 Native rebuild. It's so much fun to do it now :)

* fortunes
 They work now, actually. Bug submitted. Don't hard code access mode in
 open() call. Native build.

* glibc 2.2.1
 Heya! You all waited for this one. All packages I mention here are built
 with it. It's great.

* gettext, groff, gzip
 Native rebuild, directly from the debian source.

* libdb2
 You need it for man-db, but it didn't build cleanly from scratch yet. Well,
 it did after copying /include/_G_config.h from Linux (why is it missing?),
 but interrupted because it needs libc_p, which I hadn't installed. Get the
 package from alpha.gnu.org

* man-db
 Read man pages with groff, libdb2 and man-db now! Try both, TERM=mach and
 TERM=mach-bold (although the naming is confusing here)

* sed, tar
 No comment. They just built.

* shellutils
 Built it, fixed the packaging script, done NMU, filed bug. Rather simple.
 Does not include "su" this time.

* hurd
 That's on alpha. Why? because I messed up with the md5sums, they don't
 match. So paranoid Debian wouldn't install them. I will rebuild and upload
 later this week.

* cross-install & co.
 Uploaded new versions, which you need. Get them!
 ARGH! I just noticed they are *slightly* broken.
 It should not install the timezones package. FIxed. Reuploaded. Phew.

Future plan:
* egcs and co.
* exim, sendmail
* e2fsprogs

"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>