Re: hurd cross-compiler?

> Well, libtool is binary all, so no work needed here. It is already up to
> date automatically. gdk/imlib will need  X devel files, right? So we have to
> work on X first. Will be attacked soon. ace also needs xlib6 I see. Mmmh.
>
> I think we have to start a discussion about X soon. X should not be a big
> problem, but the input device hardware support bothers me.

It should be no problem to get Xlib and X clients working, independent of
having an X server working.  Perhaps somebody should try making an X
package built with just the Xnest server or something like that, so we can
get a full X development and client environment going before necessarily
having actual screen-driving X servers working.

Some hackers in Japan previously got real X servers working too.

Okuji has been working on getting Linux "char" device drivers working in
gnumach, which include the keyboard and ps2 mouse devices.  He also began
working on a new Hurd translator (`streamdev') that would be used for these
devices.  You can find his code in ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/okuji/.