Re: Minor missing detail in the installation instructions on the Web page

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 08:00:00AM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   I was just looking at the installation instructions
> (http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install) and noticed that it appears that
> the installation instructions weren't updated after Marcus included the patch
> for automatic package download.

Indeed, thanks for pointing out!

Matthew, are you correcting the easy guide, and I correct the web page, ok?

> In particular, they say that you need a
> certain set of packages to be stored on your computer and that the directory you
> install from must contain all of the files.  Probably some mention should be
> made there of the new capabilities of the script.  ie, "if you have wget
> and a network connection you can skip downloading the packages by hand.
> Instead, just run ./cross-install and it will mirror the packages for you."

Yes, that's a good idea.

`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org  Check Key server
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de                        PGP Key ID 36E7CD09
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/