Re: your mail

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 03:59:44PM +0200, burzum@horyzont.com.pl wrote: > i
dunno if this helps, but it did in my case: > > 1. gzip -d
/boot/serverboot/gz > 2. remember to give proper disk in root=() > and proper
partition in kernel=/boot/gnumach.gz root=hdXsX > > tell me on which linux
partition you'd like to install hurd and i will try > to help you
        Hello, saw this thread and need the same assistance. I have the
following partitions:

        hda1 = swap
        hda2 = /        (GNU/Linux)     (primary partition)
        hda3 = /usr     (GNU/Linux)     (primary partition)

        hda4 = (extended partition)

        hda5 = /gnu (GNU/Hurd)  (logical partition)
        hda6 = free space

So, I've made a GRUB boot disk, and when I try to boot off it it brings me to
the GRUB prompt, im not sure what I need to put (not used to the drive
reference scheme).

in sequence should I put something like this?:

           root=hd0s5
	 kernel=/boot/gnumach.gz

should i even use the install command? would it be -anything- like below?

        install=(hd0,5)/share/grub/i386-unknown/stage1 (hd0) (hd0)1+20 0x2000 \
                 p (hd0,5)/share/grub/i386-unknown/stage2

let meknow if you have any suggestions?

- Nick Jennings