GRUB shell works on Hurd!
The attached patch against the CVS version of GRUB (it should apply to
GRUB-0.5.92 as well) makes it possible to use the GRUB shell on OS'es
other than Linux.
- Only floppy disks are supported
- All floppy disks are assumed to be 1.44 Mb in size (80 cylinders,
2 heads, 18 sectors)
- The floppy disk should not be mounted during the installation
I have successfully created a bootable floppy under GNU Hurd (i.e.
I'm not experienced in low-level file operations, so one may want to use
a better method for checking the result of lseek()
* grub/asmstub.c [!__linux__]: compare the result of lseek
with the requested position
--- grub/asmstub.c Wed Sep 1 10:01:17 1999
+++ grub/asmstub.c Fri Sep 10 02:24:19 1999
@@ -755,7 +755,7 @@
- if (lseek (fd, sector * SECTOR_SIZE, SEEK_SET))
+ if (lseek (fd, sector * SECTOR_SIZE, SEEK_SET) != sector * SECTOR_SIZE)
#endif /* __linux__ */