Re: mach deficiencies

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Matthew Vernon wrote:

> > > IMHO we'd be better off with Fiasco (written in C++ (which is kindof a
> > > downer), but GPL, and more portable).
> >
> > I'd like to make a pitch then for Fluke which seems to descend from Mach
> > so porting the Hurd might be easier than to other microkernels. It's also
> > GPL. And I like the Recursive Virtual Machine idea.
>
> URL?

The Flux research group, which does the research on fluke, is at

http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/

One paper I found pretty interesting is in this context was "The
Persistent Relevance of the Local Operating System to Global
Applications", postscript linked from

http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/papers/index.html

Regards,

Pontus