Re: Anyone running X?

From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Subject: Re: Anyone running X?
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 20:40:30 +0200

> The problem is that Okuji has stalled development of gnumach-char, IIRC.
> This is the only correct way to get a functional X server in the next time.
> There is little to do on the X side, but quite some work on the GNU mach and
> a little on the Hurd side (streamdev translator, also by Okuji).

  I'm sorry, but GRUB is a top priority for me (if you see the amount
of patches and bug reports for GRUB, you can understand what I mean).
The character devices support is desirable, but personally I think
bootstrap is much more important.

  If someone would like to takes over my work on gnumach-char, I
appreciate him/her. I was working on it, and thought that it would be
easier to use OSKit than to develop our own framework. So I recommend
him/her to see OSKit before working on it actually. All of my
snapshots can be found in alpha.gnu.org:/gnu/hurd/contrib/okuji/.

Thanks,
OKUJI
OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^
http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (in English)     m /