Re: native-install needs updating

www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-inst

> The scripts on alpha.gnu.org have some defects:
>
> 1) "cross-install" doesn't reflect the current naming and placement of
> Perl (if I understand correctly). perl-5.004 is a fake. perl-5.005 cannot
> be found.

Fixed.

> 2) inetutils is now net/inetutils, not base/inetutils

Fixed. This should really be fixed in the archive, it *is* base stuff.

> 3) "dpkg-hurd" still contains "anti-RedHat" constructs. The patch is
> attached. I sent it already, but it hasn't been applied. I hope, not
> because of political reasons.

:)

Fixed.

It has been applied, but because I can't log into alpha.gnu.org with write
access anymore (need kerberos V or so), I can only update the script on the
Dbeian server, which is now the official place. The alpha script is still
useful for the tar file on alpha.

have fun,
Marcus

PS: Thanks Gordon, I will. Danmark is a nice place to waste some time.
PPS: Now I am really away :)
PPPS: Don't think I write something funny here.