Re: GRUB 0.5.92 is released

From: Roland McGrath <frob@debian.org>
Subject: Re: GRUB 0.5.92 is released
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:05:22 -0400

> Last I knew it supports only FAT16, not FAT32.

  Yes, FAT32 is not supported yet. I know there is an unofficial patch
for it, so GRUB will support it in the future...

> This was necessary with earlier versions of GRUB, but I believe that it no
> longer matters.  To put /boot/grub/stage2 past cylinder 1024, you might
> need to use the new stage1_lba as your stage1.  But I believe that GRUB's
> stage2 (which reads everything else but stage1 and stage2) can now access
> large disks without restriction.

  Exactly. stage1_lba is undocumented, but it works almost the same
way as the normal stage1. Be careful that stage1_lba supports _only_
LBA mode. You cannot use it for any drive that does not support LBA
(i.e. floppy).

Thanks,
OKUJI
OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^