Re: Can't boot again :(

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 04:08:21PM -0700, Igor Khavkine wrote:
> >From  my limitted experience, in both success and quantity, you can use the following line in GRUB:
> kernel=/boot/gnumach hd?s? [-s]
> where hd?s? is the root partition and -s is for single user mode.

 :(
 It doesn't work. I'm using the following command lines in Grub:
root= (hd1,0)
kernel= /boot/gnumach hd2s1
module= /boot/serverboot
boot

 Then gnumach boots, and serverboot module tries to load it's configuration
from /dev/hd0a/boot/servers.boot!!!! Why?!?
And, when I tell it to look for /dev/hd2s1/boot/servers.boot it just
hangs. :(

 Can it be a hardware problem, or something with ext2?

 Before I can boot Hurd I can't do any debug, 'cause of I can't set up
a cross-compilation from my Linux box :(

--

   V.S.Lugovsky aka Mauhuur (http://ontil.ihep.su/~vsl)  (ICQ: 40614518)