Re: Glibc build problems

Roland McGrath wrote:

> > Here is the output from gcc -v -save-temps ...:
>
> You need to examine the .i file that was produced and see if the file names
> in the # lines look reasonable.

Well..., the 661 # lines look quite reasonable to me, I mean
all the files included are either from the glibc tree
or in /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-gnu/egcs-2.91.66/include
or in /usr/local/i686-pc-gnu/include.

The only errnos included are ../include/errno.h (in glibc tree)
and ../sysdeps/mach/hurd/bits/errno.h, in that order.

> > The thing that confused me most was that
> >
> > find . -type f -exec grep EMIG_SERVER_DIED {} \;
> >
> > didn't find any definitions of EMIG_SERVER_DIED.
> >
> > I ran it from the top source dirs of glibc, gnumach, hurd and mig.
>
> That is very odd, since it appears in sysdeps/mach/hurd/bits/errno.h in the
> glibc sources.  Is that file missing from the distribution file?

The file is there, but there ain't no definitions of EMIG_SERVER_DIED
or EMACH_SEND_INVALID_DEST in it.

I have glibc-2.0.7pre6, there isn't such a file at all.

Looks like this thread has to go to another list ...

Regards,
-velco