Re: Glibc build problems

> The file is there, but there ain't no definitions of EMIG_SERVER_DIED
> or EMACH_SEND_INVALID_DEST in it.

That is quite odd indeed.  The file in the CVS repository has those codes,
and it was last changed in January, well before the glibc-2.1.1 release.

I've just now fetched ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/glibc-2.1.1.tar.gz
and indeed the file glibc-2.1.1/sysdeps/mach/hurd/bits/errno.h within
does define those codes and is in fact identical to the current CVS version.

So I'm now going to have to say this is your problem, sorry.

Perhaps you got your source tree by applying some patch files, and they
patches were incomplete.  At any rate, a pristine distribution does not
have these problems.

Furthermore, if you want to build your own libc, then you should either
wait for 2.1.2 or get the current 2.1 branch out of cvs; there have been
Hurd fixes since 2.1.1.