Re: Mounting and more

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 01:28:50PM +0200, Per Lundberg wrote:

> 1) How do I mount a CD? I tried 'settrans /dev/hd1 /hurd/isofs /mnt' and
> stuff like that, but it doesn't seem to work..

hat does "doesn't seem to work" mean? The isofs translator  has only
rudimentary iso9660 support, and needs a lot improvement.
Maybe the CD was in another format?

> Anyway, it seems like a real interesting project even though it's far from
> perfect yet. If I have the time, I will probably look into porting some
> packages when I get things working a little more (I am a Debian
> developer).

That would be great! There is still a lot of work to do (and yes, it is an
interesting project, BECAUSE it's far from perfect :)

"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>