Re: Filesystem support (and wondering about current projects ,and a crash)

"David Waite" <mass@ufl.edu> writes:

> [...]

As far as I understand, implementing a new filesystems does *not*
require any kernel hacking. Filesystems are user-level processes.

That's one of the points of HURD, I guess.

You don't even need a spare partition to play with; just dd a
fat/vfat/fvsh filesystem to a file, and run the filesystem translator
you are hacking on against that file.

/Niels