Re: Hurd Network?

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 02:43:08AM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> >
> > Marcus et al - /etc/fstab is not owned by any debian package, so doesn't
> > get installed if people cross-install .debs . I had removed this section
> > from the Idiot's guide, but wonder whether I should put it back....?
>
> Yes, please put it back. The other possibility would be to autocreate it
> with the information from "mount" command and comparing path of
> installation. But this does only work in some circumstances, not in all.

Hows about:

You edit your script (cross-install) to exec ./fstabmake /hurd where /hurd
is the name of the hurd partition that was passed to the script. I'll
write some nice clean C that takes that argument, looks at the return of
mount (or makes the appropriate syscalls), and creates a vanilla
/etc/fstab.

It seems a little bit of a cop-out to say "We can't produce an /etc/fstab,
so you'll have to do it yourself"

Sound OK?

Matthew

--