my GRUB patches
The GRUB patch that will soon be available from
has a number of IMO important changes (attached).
If your changes between 0.5 and your current sources are less
extensive, would you mind sending me a diff, so that I can merge them
into mine, and then we'll have a GRUB with the latest and greatest
I was hoping you'd release some code a week ago, but since that didn't
happen, I just continued working on 0.5. The next thing I'm going to
look at is implementing symlink support.
Gordon Matzigkeit <firstname.lastname@example.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Lovers of freedom, unite! \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)
[Unfortunately, www.fig.org is broken. Please stay tuned for details.]
1999-02-14 Gordon Matzigkeit <email@example.com>
* shared_src/shared.h: (addr32, data32): Delete definitions.
* stage1/stage1.S: Modify to use GAS's new .code16 semantics.
* configure: Test to see if the `addr32' instruction is supported.
Ian Lance Taylor says that GAS's interpretation of `.code16' has
changed. Older versions always generated 32-bit code, but
implicitly inserted addr32 and data32 when .code16 was given.
Newer versions generate 16-bit code, and require manual addr32 and
* shared_src/shared.h: Add some assertions to check that buffer
addresses are properly defined.
1999-02-12 Gordon Matzigkeit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* shared_src/stage2.c (run_menu): Pause if we failed to boot both
the default and fallback entries.
* configure: Check to make sure that GAS actually honors .code16
1999-02-02 Gordon Matzigkeit <email@example.com>
* shared_src/asm.S: Fix typo that called interrupt 0xd (decimal
13) instead of 0x13.
1998-10-23 Gordon Matzigkeit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* configure: Accept `--host' as a synonym for `--target', and
accept a non-optional argument as the target name. Join the
prefix to the tool name with a hyphen.
* shared_src/disk_io.c (print_fsys_type): Always print the
* shared_src/stage2.c (run_menu): Check to make sure that the
fallback entry is nonnegative.
(run_menu): For consistency, use `e' rather than enter to edit the