Re: Unlucky Installation

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 09:09:58AM +0100, Thomas MANGIN wrote:
> Finnaly, I must be cursed !!
>
> I can now boot under Hurd for the first time !!! Alleluia !!
> BUT, when I lauch the install script I am warned that my partition is
> not own by "hurd".

Are you sure? If your file system is not owned by Hurd, you will get crypt
ERRORS, but never warnings. Or are you referring to the following text:

echo Now I set up the translators. If you get Operation not supported
echo errors, you have forgotten to set the file system owner to \"hurd\"!

Note the conditional. ONLY IF you get error messages, you have not the owner
hurd. If the script runs without errors, there is no problem.

I was as surprised as you are !!

I restart the operation making the mkfs and log the result of the dumpe2fs to see what was on. I tryed again same problem ! So I restarted and used the e2os script and then it worked !! I compared a new dumpe2fs to the old one : NO DIFFERENCES !!
Now I only get an dpkg error processing libc0.2 ( not ready for configuration, current status installed) but It seems to work..

Now I am facing another problem ...

I made a :
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV hd0s2 (my Linux partition, sure)
settrans /linux /hurd/ext2fs /dev/hd0s2 (I tryed too with ext2fs.static)
ls /linux
/hurd/ext2fs cannot vm_map whole disk (os/kern) no space available
I dont understand, I have no swap partition but I have 64 Mb of RAM
(ok my Linux partition is more than 2Gb but It is not really going to swap it all, isnt it  ;) ??

Thomas

--
  Today's thinking : I'am not able to think Today .. (Recursively)

Thomas MANGIN                                    thomas.mangin@iname.com
Maitrise Informatique de Lyon              t-mang98@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
+33 6 60 97 91 01

http://www.kernel.org http://themes.org http://www.berlin-consortium.org