Re: Comparison with GNU 0.2

> doschk		not			1.1		[[ What's that??? ]]

See the attached.

> e2fsprogs	NEEDED			1.08

> emacs		NEEDED			19.34b

I'll take this. I'll probably do version 20, since that's what I've got
installed here...

> gcal		not			2.10		[[ What's THAT??? ]]

See the attached

> gcc		done	2.7.2.3-6   >	2.7.2.2		[[ has wrong specs file, though ]]

IMHO this should be fixed before any announcement.

Yours,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/
 new debian package, version 2.0.
 size 8866 bytes: control archive= 328 bytes.
     271 bytes,     9 lines      control
 Package: doschk
 Version: 1.1-1
 Architecture: i386
 Depends: libc6
 Installed-Size: 26
 Maintainer: Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu>
  Checks filenames for compatibility with 14-character SYSV and
  8.3 DOS limitations.
 new debian package, version 2.0.
 size 578300 bytes: control archive= 917 bytes.
     967 bytes,    22 lines      control
     252 bytes,    12 lines   *  postinst             #!/bin/sh
     169 bytes,    11 lines   *  prerm                #!/bin/sh
 Package: gcal
 Version: 2.40-4
 Section: utils
  Gcal displays a calendar for a month or a year, eternal holiday lists
  and fixed date lists, in many ways. The program correctly omits the
  dates that were skipped when the current Gregorian calendar replaced
  the earlier Julian calendar.
  .
  Apart from the usual and well known calendar functions like the
  output of a month or a year calendar sheet, or the output of an eternal
  holiday list, Gcal offers the facility to display fixed dates on the
  day of their occurrence and to remind or inform the user about them.
  So it's imaginable after booting the computer or starting the work
  session, that the user is informed on screen or by means of electronic
  mail, about all holidays or appointments which are observed or
  scheduled for that day.