My two (worthless) cents

Personally, I think if we're going to be porting debian/linux stuff, the
/usr symlink has got to go.  And now would be the time to do it.  First,
root directory clutter is evil.  I do agree it would be nice to move as
much stuff as possible to the /lib and /bin directories, some things are
nicer under /usr (games, for example) and it would make porting less of a
nightmare.

Second, we need to get some filesystem support.  Once I get hurd actually
working (rebooting every 10 minutes isn't fun... my system tasks keep
kicking the bucket)  I'd be willing to try to get [v]fatfs started, once I
get some source for translators to go from. (It'll be cool to not have to
reboot to try it).  And ext2fs has got some serious bugs.... I've had to
reboot many many times due to it dying.

Ok, and some inquisitive stuff...
What are the device numebrs for /servers/socket/inet?  My '2' device is
somewhere in ext2fs limbo.  It's not visible or usable, but it's not
deletable or creatable.  e2fsck says it clean (whcih needs to be ported).
For compiling, I need to find crt1.o and some include files.. where might
these be at, package wise?

--- Max/TazQ/MTFFM/Whatever My Nickname Is Today (http://crazy.ml.org)

Warning: This email is for informational purposes only.  Do not ingest,
digest, reject, inject, deject, osmose or otherwise process this email.
If taken internally, seek psychiatric help immediately.