Re: Hurd packages uploaded

On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 03:16:18PM -0500, John Tobey wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > > No, gnumach and hurd are free software so they go to "main" not "contrib" ;-)
> >
> > Correct. And the correct distribution is sid, although there are also links
> > from unstable.
>
> Found them.  Installed them.  Booted them--at least as far as "Hurd
> server bootstrap: ext2fs.static exec_" where it hangs.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> For a rough idea of the steps I took, see
>
>    http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jtobey/inst.html

Hmmm. Looked fine. As long as I didn't screw up my upload
(I admit that I didn't test it much, as the prior build did work).
Mmmh. I really should have done some testing, because I used Gord's
new specs file instead of my own.
On the other hand, if it comes as far the static bins should be fine
(as serverboot is also one).

Try installing also libc6-dev!

Try without a swap device.

Do you have the ld.so.1 link? (or is it ld.so?)

Sorry for being so lame. My whole system went fubar and I am currently
recovering my partition table... at least I hope so.

Let me know if something changes.

Marcus

Where's my signature? I've lost my signature!