Re: ld-2.9.1: REQ: better support for relative link script paths

Hi!

 RM> What you'd really like to say is, "search the sublist of the
 RM> search list where we found this linker script", where "sublist"
 RM> is defined as directories that arrived together.  The default
 RM> list would be such a sublist.

I'm not sure if we need all that hair.  I assume you want it because
you're aiming for a linker script that only contains:

  GROUP ( libc.so.6 libc_nonshared.a )

but which automatically finds /lib/libc.so.6 and
/usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a.  While this is neat, I don't think it is
necessary.

I'm not really interested in hiding the FHS's `/' and `/usr' schism, I
just want a system that works when the disk is mounted elsewhere for
cross-compilation.

I would settle for writing the above script as:

  GROUP ( THISDIR/../../lib/libc.so.6 THISDIR/libc_nonshared.a )

where THISDIR is shorthand for ``the directory which contains this
linker script.''

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)