Re: newbie, want to volunteer

Hi!

 MP> - On the other hand, most obvious to me is the lack of
 MP> documentation in the Hurd project.

I agree!  The main trick is to find things that you are sure that
won't change before you finish documenting them.

 MP> So I think I will start to improve the documentation, if not you
 MP> guys tell me that some other task is much more urgent.

This gives me the opportunity to state publically: I've done some work
on Hurd documentation.

Many separate documents are good, but if anybody can integrate their
work into the framework that exists for the Hurd manual, please do so.
If your docs don't seem like they'd fit into that framework, but you
think they should, please don't hesitate to write me.

Please take a look at:

 ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/hurd-doc.diff

There are some notes I've added to hurd.texi that tell you some of the
parts of the Hurd that are Officially In Flux(tm), so that you don't
waste time documenting things that will change fairly soon.

I hope to have this merged into the latest Hurd sources soon, too.

Thanks for asking,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)