Re: error in ldd?

On Fri, Dec 25, 1998 at 03:52:02PM +0100, Matthias Pfisterer wrote:
> hello,
>
> I've tried the following on a hurd system as it comes from the 0.2
> binary distribution:
> > ldd --version
> ldd (GNU Hurd) 0.2
> > ldd /bin/ldd
> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: rtld.c: 317: dl_main: Assertion
> '_dl_rtld_map.l_libname' failed!
>
> After that message the system seems to lock up. It responds to pressing
> return with a line feed, but neither ctrl-C nor ctrl-Z bring me back to
> a prompt.
>
> The same happens using ldd on other executables.

Some translators were broken in gnu-0.2. They are long fixed now. Do you
really use gnu-0.2? You should really try new glibc 2.0.106 and Debian
packages of hurd and gnumach, as those are the very edge of development.
A lot of bugs are fixed there.

AFAIK, the new packages even are compatible with the old binaries.

You can find glibc packages at alpha.gnu.org. Hurd and gnumach packages are
in the Debian archive.

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386/base/gnumach_19981118-1.deb

and so on.

Bye,