Re: libc6_2.0.106-0.1_i386.deb is released

Mark Kettenis <kettenis@phys.uva.nl> writes:

> I'd like to give it a shot (implementing pthreads support for the Hurd
> I mean).  It seems that on the i386, it is possible to use the LDT to
> store some thread-specific data.  Mach supports a per-thread LDT and
> even has an RPC interface to manipulate it.  I have to admit that I
> stole this idea from Ulrich (there is a file in the linuxthreads
> add-on that contains some code, but it isn't actually used).
> Nevertheless, I'll try to make things as machine/OS independent as
> possible.

I'm a little agin using the LDT for this.  I'd rather stick to generic
Mach functionality.  I think the thread-specific data should be done
off the SP the way it is now.  The user-specified pthread_data stuff
should probably be a data structure hanging off a single slot in the
Hurd thread data block.

Thomas