Re: trying to cross-compile

> The Debian apache source seems not to be Hurd-friendly yet, so it may need
> some tweaking. [ In fact, dpkg itself is not Hurd-friendly ].
>
> Take a look at the debian/rules, it says:
>
> arch=$(shell dpkg --print-architecture)
>
> This is i386 for intel, but should be really "hurd-i386".

I changed this to
arch="hurd-i386"

or should this line say arch=hurd-i386 ?

> In this case just append "i386-gnu" to the configure line.

? duh sorry I'm being thick....in debian/rules, or somewhere else?

Thanks,

Matthew

coming soon: the idiots guide to porting packages.... !

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/