Re: boot-floppies

> This is a pet project of mine. Unfortunatly, I see little point in doing
> this whilst passwords are not supported. I was told on hurd-help that USA
> encryption laws prevent them from including the algorhythm that does
> password checks :(. I think recompiling hurd may solve this, but I've
> never done that before.

I fail to see how boot floppies and encrypted passwords relate.  But
anyway, the hurd most certainly supports encrypted passwords, the very same
code used on linux.  Just like all US-based distributions, it cannot
include the encryption code directly; you must get it from a non-US source
(see the glibc README).