Re: Multi-user boot - almost!

   Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 11:31:02 +0000 (BST)
   From: "M.C. Vernon" <mcv21@cus.cam.ac.uk>

   Dear all,

	   following on from my previous post, I have made progress....

   I can now find the network, and emacs works (so life is good) :-).

   BUT:

   on trying to multi-user boot, I get this error:
   Unknown code P 2 while trying to open /dev/hd1s1

I'm not sure if it solves your problems, but you might try to create
the /dev/hd1s1 device using `MAKEDEV /dev/hd1s1'.

   and how do I tell my linux box about mach terminal types (and other unix
   boxen?)

Well, there should be a pc3 termcap and/or terminfo entry, so setting
`TERM=pc3' should work.

Mark