Re: more hurd problems

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 11:21:36AM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> > > . Disable com1 in Bios (or change IRQ in BIOS)
> >
> > What is likely to be com1 - the printer port?
>
> Likely it is nothing. Printer is usually parallel (/dev/lp1 or /dev/lp0 in
> new linux kernels). com0 is usually mouse, and I have my modem on /dev/com1.

:) disabling com1 worked - it boots, but then falls over:

error 2502 when trying to run /dev/hdb1/boot/servers.boot

permissions of the file are:

-rw-r--r--  1 root staff

What am I doing wrong _this_ time?

Sorry to continue being useless, and thanks for your continued patience,

Yours,

Matthew

ps when I get it booting, I will do something useful with hurd. Like
porting stuff. I promise.

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support