Re: more hurd problems

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 11:21:36AM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> > . Disable com1 in Bios (or change IRQ in BIOS)
>
> What is likely to be com1 - the printer port?

Likely it is nothing. Printer is usually parallel (/dev/lp1 or /dev/lp0 in
new linux kernels). com0 is usually mouse, and I have my modem on /dev/com1.

> > . Solve the IRQ conflict (best solution).
>
> How? given:
>
> a - doesn't occur in linux.
> b - I don't know enough about hurd to sort it out without already having
> an installed system.

Nay, do it in the BIOS. The Bios settings provide an option to chage IRQ and
ioport of com0 and com1. Try a different setting that doesn't conflict. If
you only use com0, disable com1 completely (if possible).

Cheers!